Looking for a vegan cupcake recipe for Valentines Day? You got it. Try these VDay Confetti Cupcakes. They are just as good as the real thing. Using simple ingredients you can make them fast – under 1 hour – and enjoy with your loved ones or whomever you wish.
Not a fan of vegan cuisine? Use regular butter and milk. They will taste just as good.
These cupcakes are also really fun to make. I made those with my 2,5 year old and she loved mixing, sprinkling and tasting the icing.
Warning: they are slightly addicting!
See the recipe below.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup red, white and pink sprinkles, plus more for topping
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar (add more for extra sweetness)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners.
- Mix almond milk with vinegar and let it set.
- In a large bowl cream softened butter with a mixer. Add sugar and vanilla and mix more.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and then remaining ½ cup flour.
- Add almond milk and blend until until no large lumps remain.
- Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Divide evenly among cupcake holders and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For the Frosting: Beat butter until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and mix once more.
- Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time and continue mixing until thick and creamy.
- Add pink food coloring and mix again (optional.)
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles. Serve immediately. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or refrigerated.
Feel free to share this recipe!
Subscribe to my FREE weight loss newsletter and get a Weight loss guide for FREE. Click here to find out how
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips