These pancakes are delicious!
I am not vegan, not vegetarian, but I love experimenting with new recipes and try new things.
Unfortunately, most vegan recipes I’ve tried so far wasn’t that good… What I’m saying is, it’s hard to find a good vegan recipe. Or something that make it taste like the real thing.
When I came across this Vegan Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe I had very low expectations. But I was pleasantly surprised. These Pancakes turned out to be so good, my kids want to eat them every day! I did modified the original recipe a bit to make it taste even better.
You can make the mix ahead of time and store it in the air tight container for up to 6 months. And that’s what I did.
We often enjoy these pancakes Sunday morning with my family and kids. This one is definitely a keeper. Here is the recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raw millet
- ½ cup raw almond
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1½ cups almond milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Coconut oil, for the pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a dry blender and blend into a fine flour. (You can store this mix in an airtight container for up to 6 months)
- Add almond milk and maple syrup to the blender and blend.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease the pan with coconut oil. Pour small amounts of the pancakes batter into the pan, forming 4-inch circles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface and the edges look dry. Flip the pancakes and cook the other side, for about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and with maple syrup. Serve immediately
If you like this recipe subscribe to my blog below.
P.S. Subscribe for more healthy recipes and get free ‘Drop Two Sizes’ weight loss book here
P.P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips