I am a big fan of raw desserts (yumm!) And when it comes to holiday cooking I prefer this “healthier” option for my family so that we can enjoy a tasty holiday treat without consuming extra calories and sugar.
Pumpkin pie is really popular during fall and winter holidays and I absolutely love it! But I decided to spice it up and add an extra creamy ginger layer. Together with pecan-date “crust” it makes an absolutely delicious holiday cake. You should definitely try it.
It’s really easy to make. All you need is a high-speed blender. Store the cake in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to two weeks!
Here is the Raw Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe.
- • 1 cup pecans
- • ⅔ cup dates
- • 1½ cup canned pumpkin
- • 1½ cup cashews, divided
- • ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- • 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup, divided
- • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- • 3 gloves or ¼ teaspoon ground gloves
- • ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- • ¾ inch fresh ginger, divided
- • ½ cup water or coconut water
- • Pinch of salt
- For the crust: Place the pecans and dates in a food processor, along with a pinch of sea salt. Process until the mixture is thoroughly broken down and sticks together when you squeeze a bit in the palm of your hand. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 6 inch pan.
- For the white layer: Blend ¾ cup cashews, ½ inch ginger, 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar), ¼ cup coconut oil, and ½ cup water in a high-speed blender till silky smooth. It may take a minute or two. Add a little more water if the mixture doesn’t blend well. Pour the white layer over the crust and freeze for 30 minutes or until hard.
- For the pumpkin layer: Blend 1 ½ cup pumpkin, ¾ cup cashews, ¼ inch ginger, gloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ⅓ cup coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey (or agave nectar) till smooth. Pour over white layer and let it set for about four hours, or overnight in the fridge. Top with coconut whipped cream and raw pecans before serving (optional.)
Try Vegan Coconut Cream Recipe Here
Thanks for reading!
P.S. For more healthy delicious recipes read my book Delicious Detox – How to Jump-Start Your Weight Loss, Gain More Energy and Improve Overall Health.
P.P.S. Follow me to get the latest updates and more weight loss tips
P.P.P.S. Don’t forget to get your copy of my free Weight Loss book here