Did you know that eating celery burns more calories than it contains?
About 75% of a celery stick is actually water; the other 25% is fiber and other roughage.
That’s why it provides you with far fewer calories than it will take for your body to digest the snack.
If you are not a fan of celery (like me), try this Pineapple Celery Salad Recipe!
You’ll be surprised how delicious is this flavor combination.
I got my inspiration from the Brazilian restaurant while on vacation in Mexico. They had this delicious pineapple salad with cilantro, lime, and some kind of a green squash. I couldn’t quite get the name of the squash because I didn’t speak enough Spanish (and they didn’t speak enough English unfortunately) but it was probably something that’s hard to find in US. Long story short, I decided to add celery instead and it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think in the comment below.
Here is the recipe.
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1-2 celery stocks, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Pineapple Bowl for serving (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together. Serve inside the pineapple bowl! (optional).
- For the Pineapple bowl: Cut ⅓ off the side of the pineapple, leaving the top leaves untouched. With a paring knife cut lengthwise along the hard core. Cut across the pineapple, about 1 inch apart and around. Slide the paring knife along the core to form a bowl shape. Scoop out the pineapple chunks with a spoon. You will have some pineapple juice left inside in bowl – safe it for the dressing.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus | Pinterest
P.P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my best weight loss tips and recipes. And get free weight loss guide (limited time offer!) Click here to subscribe now