Want to jump start your metabolism in the morning?
Drink this Metabolism-Boosting Citrus Green tea with grapefruit, orange, lemon and a pinch of white pepper.
Green tea contains micronutrients called POLYPHENOLS. Polyphenols are naturally-occurring compounds found in plants, and have positive effects on a number of different areas of the body.
In the gut, polyphenols seem to act as a prebiotic-type substance – they increase the amount of healthy bacteria in the gut, helping maintain good metabolism and lose weight.
Another benefit of this Citrus Green Tea is a compound in grapefruit that can lower insulin, a fat-storage hormone, and that can lead to weight loss.
Research suggest that piperine in white pepper battles fat by blocking the formation of new fat cells. And helps to improve digestion.
Plus Vitamin C from citrus fruits helps to boost your immune system making this Metabolism-Boosting Citrus Green Tea a perfect morning beverage.
Here is how to make it.
- 1 green tea bag or 1 teaspoon loose green tea
- Juice of 1 orange (cara cara or blood orange)
- Juice of ½ grapefruit
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of white pepper (optional)
- 1-2 cup ice
- Boil water. Pour water over green tea bag or lose tea. Steep for 3 minutes. Discard the tea bag or tea leaves. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, juice orange, grapefruit and lemon. Make sure to remove all the seeds.
- Mix the juice and the tea together, add a pinch of white pepper and pour over ice. Serve immediately.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips
P.P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my best weight loss tips and recipes. And get free weight loss guide (limited time offer!) Click here to subscribe now