Trying to lose weight but want to have a slice of pie this holiday season?
You can do both.
Try this Healthy No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
Low in sugar and high in healthy fats its a great way to enjoy holiday treats.
Plus you can still watch your weight and get some health benefits, such as:
- omega-3 fatty acids from walnuts;
- Vitamin A and C from pumpkin;
- Vitamin E, and K from cashews and coconut oil;
- good amount of dietary fiber,
- B-complex groups of vitamins,
- lots of antioxidants;
- iron and other minerals from dates;
- enzymes from honey;
- Lauric Acid from coconut oil. Lauric Acid is known for increasing immunity and fighting viruses and diseases and can only be found in breast milk and oregano.
Here is the recipe.
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans
- 1½ cups dates
- 1½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1½ cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1tbsp cinnamon or half a stick
- ¼ teaspoon gloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of salt
- To make the crust: Place the pecans and dates in a food processor, along with a pinch of sea salt. Process until the mixture is thoroughly broken down and sticks together when you squeeze a bit in the palm of your hand. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, along with another pinch of sea salt. Blend till silky smooth. It may take a minute or two.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Use an inverted spatula or a regular spatula to smooth everything over. Let it set for about four hours, or overnight in the fridge.
If you like this recipe feel free to rate, leave a comment and share!
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus | Pinterest | Youtube
P.P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my best weight loss tips and recipes. And get free weight loss guide (limited time offer!) Click here to subscribe now
P.P.P.S. For more healthy delicious recipes read my book Delicious Detox – How to Jump-Start Your Weight Loss, Gain More Energy and Improve Overall Health