Want a healthy start of the day? Good news! You don’t have to eat your veggies. These Healthy Ginger Goji Berry scones are all you need. Low in sugar and calories, this delicious breakfast gives you energy, nutrients, protein and antioxidants you need. Fast, healthy and guilt-free.
Here is the recipe.
Healthy Ginger Goji Berry Scones
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cane sugar (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick, 4oz.), cut into small pieces and frozen
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp fresh or ground ginger
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1 egg white
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a food processor, combine the the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse until combined.
3. Add the butter and pulse more.
4. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, egg, ginger, and goji berries.
5. Mix the dough with your hands until it just comes together.
6. Line a backing sheet with a pice of parchment paper, place the dough on it and form into a disk 1 inch thick. Cut the disk into 8 equal pie-shaped wedges and spread around.
7. Using a pastry brush, brush each scone lightly with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake for 20 min, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 scones. Time 35 min.
Nutrition per scone: 343 calories, 17.8 g fat, 38.4 g carbs, 10.2 g protein.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus | Pinterest | Youtube
P.P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my best weight loss tips and recipes. And get free weight loss guide (limited time offer!) Click here to subscribe now