Want a fast breakfast meal that keeps your hunger at bay for long?
Here it is!
Try this Easy Apple Walnut Oatmeal Recipe.
Oats contain beta-glucans – a soluble fibre that slows down the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream preventing spikes in blood sugar, giving your lots of energy for hours and preventing your body to store fat.
Oats are also a good source of magnesium, which helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes and depression making it a great breakfast choice.
Here is the recipe.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup water or milk
- ½ Gala or Fuji apple, diced
- 10-15 Blueberries
- 10 walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Mint (optional)
- In a small sauce pan, bring oats and water to boil. Cook for 5 min. Mix a few times while cooking so that oats don't stick to the pan. Add a little more water if it gets sticky too fast.
- Place oats in a bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add apple, blueberries and walnuts.
- Poor 1 tbsp honey all over the oatmeal, add some mint leaves and serve.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Follow me to get updates and more weight loss tips