Today I want to share with you one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl and it’s made with carrots (which is pretty obvious), frozen bananas, pineapple, oats, almond milk, and cinnamon. No sugar added!
It’s a low-calorie meal – only 285 per serving (1 serving is 1 recipe) and it’s absolutely delicious.
Top this tasty treat with raw walnuts, dates, shredded coconut, and cinnamon for an absolutely amazing meal or snack. Add a plain protein powder for extra boost or maca powder for extra calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
This spring treat also makes a great dessert substitute for those who is trying to lose a few extra pounds. Eat this Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl instead of a piece of cake or any other sweets to melt those extra pounds.
Here is how to make it.
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup steamed, cooled carrots
- ½ cup cooked, cooled oatmeal
- ⅓ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon maca powder, optional
- Toppings (optional):
- 1 tablespoon plain almond milk yogurt (or any plain dairy-free yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut or shaved fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped raw walnuts
- 2 pitted dates, diced
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. For more healthy recipes that boost your metabolism and help to lose weight check out my book Delicious Detox.