These “donuts” make a great breakfast or post workout snack. They are packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants, plus protein – from almond butter – and lots of fiber. It’s a great meal for anyone who tries to cut down on carbs, sugar, and lose weight. And my kids absolutely love them too!
- 1-2 green, red, or yellow apples
- a few strawberries, blueberries, kiwis for garnish - or any other fruit you want
- a handful pistachio nuts - or any other nut
- a handful coconut ships - or shredded coconut (you can also all chia seeds or pumpkin seeds)
- Slice apples and remove the core.
- Spread creamy almond butter on top (it doesn't have to cover the whole apple ring)
- Arrange fruit, nut, and coconut chips on top of the almond butter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Thanks for reading!